Back to School Tips
School season is right around the corner and HOLDCOM invites you to refresh your child’s mind with the following back to school safety tips:
- Avoid unnecessary pain from a backpack and select one with wide, padded shoulder straps and a padded back. Narrow straps dig into shoulders, causing pain and restricting circulation. And to prevent injury when using a backpack, pack light and always use both shoulder straps. Slinging a backpack over one-shoulder strains muscles.
- Be certain your child is registered and know when the first day of school is and at what time it will start.
- Know what time lunch is, if your child needs a snack, and if he or she will buy lunch at school. If you’re going to pack their lunch, make sure it is healthy.
- Fill out all the health or emergency contact forms, now,before school starts.
- Make sure the school nurse knows about any conditions or illnesses your child has.
- Make arrangements if your child needs to take medication at school – especially on the first day.
Be sure to also review the basic bus safety rules with your children:
- Wait for the bus to stop before approaching it from the curb.
- Always remain seated.
- Check to see that no other traffic is coming before crossing the street.
- Make sure to always remain in clear view of the bus driver.
Have a happy, safe school year with your children!